Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Pretty

My Mum has been making this really awesome jewelry lately and I have finally convinced her to open her own Etsy store. She has asked me to take pictures of her pieces and brought a bunch down today for me to start on. She didn't get here until much later in the afternoon but I did manage to get these shots of my favorite necklace before the light went away. The stone is one she found while gem hunting that she then polished herself on her polishing machine/wheel thingy. Then she hand beaded the entire setting the stone is in as well as the necklace itself.
And hey I found yet another super cool use for my giant heart rock!

Oh and I will let you all know what her Esty addy is as soon as she gets it all set up... probably sometime next week.
f/4.9 , 1/30, ISO 400 I sharpened for and resized for web.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I also had a pretty good shopping trip today, I found a really nice GAP barn jacket for my son for four dollars as well as a super cool umbrella(black with multi colored polka dots) for 3 dollars. Where am I finding these super deals you ask?? At only the most exclusive shop around.....Goodwill of course darling! But then I found something I thought for sure I would never find, at least not this year, a giant heart lollipop! I got three of them at the Tarjay dollar spot!!!!!! So I took a couple photos of my DD, who else? LOL

f/5.6, 1/20, ISO 100 I ran a color boost on the first and a vignette and Brendas BW on the second.
Photobucket

Photobucket

21 comments:

Unknown said...

The first thing I thougth when I looked at the jewelry was" oh wow!" Its beautiful.. I love the lollipop pic!

Kristi said...

Wow...that necklace is BEAUTIFUL!! And the target sucker emerges!!! Target SERIOUSLY needs to pay twopeas and ILP a commission! :)

Jess said...

WOW- your mom has serious talent! That necklace is just BREATHTAKING!

Great find on the lolli too- I dont' have a Target so I have to live vicariously through you!

emilyc said...

You're lollipop pictures are way better than mine! And why am I the only one who can't find these dang things in the $ spot. I had to pay $2 for mine.
And that necklace is beautiful. She has some serious talent.

Michelle said...

that jewelry is incredible!! your mum is one talented lady. and the phot of your dd is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful necklace. Nice shots of them. Don't you just love the lollipops

Chell said...

Man it seems that heart sucker is the must have item of the year. That necklace is awesome and I love how you photographerd it for her, great set up to show case her work.

April said...

wow..that's a great shot of the jewelery..i love it on the rock. i think it was a rock. anyway, you got some great captures with the sucker too. good job.

Amy said...

That's a gorgeous necklace! I really like the color photo with the lollipop, it's very pretty.

Margaret said...

That jewelry is incredible. Love the way you placed it on the rock! Cute shots of your daughter, too!

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome necklace and I love the way you photographed it!
Cari

Mandy said...

I love that necklace. SO gorgeous.

I love those lollipop shots as well. So cute. Since I don't live near target, I actually had someone buy and ship them to me. Ridiculous, I know.

Jen said...

That necklace is beautiful! And the pictures are wonderful! Hopefully she'll sell lots of her stuff!

Becky said...

Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous necklace. I hope your mom does great on Etsy--I would think the display photos make a big difference, and yours will make her work shine! Also love the pics of Lilia with the lollipop. They're so sharp. I had to drive 45 minutes to go to Target for my lolly, and I haven't even used it yet. (Not really, we were in Portland anyway and I like to stop by the dollar spot whenever I'm nearby.)

pat said...

Nice! I swear, Target hit the mark with those suckers.

Val said...

The necklace is beautiful!

~JustJulie~ said...

OK, that necklace is beautiful! Your mom does fantastic work. Great shots of your dd, too.

Ginnie said...

I really like the shot of the necklace. beautiful job!

Tera Fraley said...

How cool!! That jewelry is beautiful!! Cant wait to see the umbrella, maybe some rain shots?

Tori said...

That necklace is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the sucker shot!

summerbl4ck said...

rock the gap and rock the "rock" shots. great nature texture with the jewelry. your mom will do great with the etsy store with shots like these