Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Snow Snow Snow.... you want some??


Over the past two days we have gotten somewhere between 18 and 20 inches of snow!!!!
Between storms we all went outside and the kids(hubby included) had a snowball fight, great opportunity for me to practice with my exposure and focus.
These are the best shots but still nowhere near good.
CC always welcome.
Camera: Olympus E500
Lens: 40-150mm, 3.5-4.5
First photo taken at ISO 100, f/5.0, Focal Length 88mm and I can't seem to find the shutter speed. What am I doing wrong?
I can't seem to get anymore photos to upload so I will stop here and post more later.

11 comments:

me said...

Oh we got hit with snow as well. YUCK! I could totally live without it. How fun that you were able to go out and practice though. Since you asked for CC, I will just say the only thing I notice is it is slightly underexposed, but great job otherwise.

Kristi said...

No thanks! ;)

Although, with temps like we're getting tonight it'd be nice if we got some white stuff to make it worth it! :)

Cherie said...

like the snow shots!!!!

emilyc said...

Looks like our neighborhood. I have yet to process my snow photos, but I'd be happy just to get a few in focus! You guys look like you are having fun, and really, isn't that what it's all about?

Lauren Hartman said...

Wow, I'd love all that snow! Actually, I'd be happy with 6 inches, enough to go out and have some serious fun. Hope y'all enjoy!

Unknown said...

wow talk about a lot of snow. Ours finally all melted off, but it was BITTERLY cold...I"d take 20 inches of snow with weather in the 20-30's over highs of 11! LOL....

Fun shot!

--sme said...

OH, snow. Look like fun!

Angela2932 said...

20", wow! I'm no expert, but I think the snow could be "brightened" a bit. I read somewhere that with snow, you have to adjust the exposure "up" in order to get it right. The meter in the camera tries to set things at 18% grey, and "thinks" that's how things should look, but obviously not 20" of snow! Hopefully, some more experienced peas will jump in.

Anonymous said...

Send some snow our way we will take it. Our ski area needs it.(Ski Apache I think were are the furthest south ski area in US)

Kristen said...

It does look a little dark to me, but otherwise it's a great shot! Although looking at it makes me want to shiver. :) Great job!

Mom2Drew said...

Your snow has good coloring, I don't see color casts. That hat is to die for as well...wish I had one for me.