Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Boy

This is my first born, my funny boy, my thirteen year old, the kid who cracks me up more than almost anyone else on this planet.
He calls me bunnyducky ala Cheese from Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends.
He made me a Mother when I thought I couldn't do it. And even though he frustrates me to near tears sometimes I HEART this kid like crazy.

Have you ever tried to tell a 13 year old boy you want to take his picture with a heart rock? Let me tell you now, it does not go over well at all. I had to bribe him, actually I had to tell him no snacks until he let me get a few shots and I think he really enjoyed himself even though he would never admit it.

Olympus E500
14-45, 3.5-5.6
ISO 1600 (who is an idiot and always forgets to check the ISO? MEEEeeeeee!!)
SS 1/640
f/4.5
I had to run Noiseware on these because of the ISO.
These were processed with Brenda's Color boost action, which I really Lurve!

Funny boy.
Photobucket

OMGosh LOVE this photo, I can't even explain how it makes me feel.
Photobucket

17 comments:

Mandy said...

I love the second one too...definitely my fav.

Kristi said...

WOW...that second one is just sensational!!

Anonymous said...

Love that second photo!!! Great job!
Cari

Margaret said...

Love that second shot! Two of my four kids are teenagers, so I know how it is to photograph them!

Danielle said...

The second one is my favorite. So sweet for a teenage boy.

Mom2Drew said...

What great photos for Vday!! Love that rock.

For Over 29 Years... said...

the journaling made me cry! I'm happy for you that you were able to convince him to take the shots. They are invaluable!

pat said...

Ok, I noticed the rock straight off--I collect heart-shaped rocks that I find outside, on the beach, etc, and that one is GINORMOUS! Love the second shot.

Toni said...

Thats just awesome. So moving! TOni

Tera Fraley said...

Those are some amazing pics, looks like a great action!!

me said...

that rock is so cool!

Angela2932 said...

I love both the photos! The 2nd is more "artistic", but he has such a great smile and you can really see it in the first! (We are all getting really devious as moms, getting pix of our kids! Today I snuck in to the recovery room after my son had lasix surgery, and the techs let me take his picture!)

Val said...

Great shots! That rock is a very cool find for photos!

Becky said...

He is adorable, Liz! My oldest is a 14YO boy and I feel the same way about him, but he tends to look like a punk in his pictures. :-) Your boy's sweetness comes through.

Tomboymama said...

Those are awesome. I can see why you love that second one. What a great kid to do that for you!

Farrah Jobling said...

i LOVE the second one...it's really beautiful!

Debbi said...

The second one is so perfect for a boy and yet conveying an emotion of love. Great job!