Monday, January 7, 2008

The Black Dog


This is for 1/8/08 POTD see below for 1/7/08 POTD. :)
This is one, of my two, geriatric dogs, Chloe is an 11 1/2 year old black lab. We also call her Her Highness ,Her Highness Chloesita Queen Fat@ss, Fatty, or Sita(seeta) ummmm yeah she is a little overweight(see fat roll on her HEAD) but we tell her she is just fluffy.
She hates the camera or more precisely me behind the camera, I think the fact she can't see my face freaks her out, so she avoids eye contact at all costs. LOL
Taking a good picture of this dog is darn near impossible for me, she is so black that you lose all her expression in the images. I had to do quite a bit of PPing to get the detail back and to get rid of all the noise due to her super shiny coat.
CC welcome!
Olympus e500
40-150mm
ISO 1000
f/4
SS 1/25
Focal Length 71mm

28 comments:

Bobbi said...

Beautiful picture. I love black labs there eyes always look so sad to me but they are very loving dogs:)

Val said...

Aw great shot!

C said...

awww, so cute.

It's These Little Moments said...

even though she's a little chunky she's cute! great capture

Jess said...

She is beautiful! Black animals are SO hard to photograph, but you did it so nicely!

Anonymous said...

That is a great photo and I can't believe that she is afraid of the camera...mine just runs so fast that I can not catch her.
cari

pat said...

Black is hard--I think you did an awesome job with the details.

pakosta said...

so sweet!
tara

me said...

so cute and I love that FAT ROLL!

Mandy said...

What a great photo!

Jessica said...

sweet sweet baby...I love when dogs get the white around their muzzle. So much love in the face, great photo!

Michelle said...

she looks so sweet! a lot like my ethel. and i am so glad to hear that she won't look at the camera also--i thought it was just my dog! lol!

Margaret said...

I love black labs, too! What an adorable picture!

April Michelle said...

funny - I got an old dog too she's 10 yrs she's a big grump - but still my baby!

Debbi said...

I think you did a great job of capturing that classic "dog" look! :)

Kristi said...

She's so beautiful! Such a typical retriever facial expression!!

Yvette A said...

Nice photo. Yeah my pets are tired of me pointing the camera at them too.

Mom2Drew said...

Oh, that lab is just too cute!

Anonymous said...

She's just fluffy not fat. She cute

Angela2932 said...

What a sweet dog picture! Even her paw looks cute!

Tomboymama said...

Aw, too cute. Our dog has a bunch of nicknames too. Nice picture.

Jen said...

What a sweet picture!

Ashley Hiskes said...

Oh I have a special place in my heart for labs! So sweet!

Unknown said...

awww CUTE pup pup!!!

Yvonne said...

You did a great job! I love this picture!!

Becky said...

Love the composition. Labs are awesome!

Farrah Jobling said...

great job! I think Black is a really hard color to shoot...but you make it look so easy!

Tori said...

what a sweet pup!