Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Desk Accessories

In my head the title of this post is said in a, Hank, from King of the Hill, voice " I sell propane and propane accessories". :D
Not having models to photo during the day makes it hard to find interesting things to photograph. So here you have it, my fairy dish thing that sits on my computer desk and holds various junk that doesn't have another home on my desk. As an added bonus you get the gorgeous bokeh background of my birds cages. Creative genius I tell ya!
These were taken at a super low shutter speed, my living room is really dark because my husband insists on keeping the blinds shut all day to help keep the cold out.
Oh and I am on theme today! HOLY COW I think pigs must be flying.
Olympus E500
14-45 f/3.5-5.6

45mm, f/5.6, shutter speed 1/10, ISO 400
Did a levels adjustment, slight curves adjustment, and ran Alys Canvas action.
Photobucket

33mm, f/4.8, shutter speed 1/10, ISO 400
Same PPing as above
Photobucket


Then one more play because I loved it so much. This is the Toy Camera action that Toni shared yesterday.
Photobucket

21 comments:

Mandy said...

Very cool. I love the first one with the color. So lovely.

Unknown said...

Im LOVIN the toy camera action... It makes the picture feel so "old"...

Chell said...

LOVE that last one. such a fun action

Anonymous said...

LOVE that last one!!! Great work!
Cari

Margaret said...

Your comments made me laugh! Too funny! Love the toy camera action. I used that on my post today, too!

Mom2Drew said...

The conversion really fits the mood of the angel/fairy.

Angela2932 said...

Really like the last one also. Wow! You've got cool stuff on your desk!

For Over 29 Years... said...

aww so sweet.

Sharon said...

Very cool! If I hadn't seen the first one, I would have really liked the 3rd one.

Michelle said...

love the conversion on this.

pakosta said...

LOVE the last conversion!
tara

Sarah Phipps said...

I like them all, but the last one is my favorite.

Debbi said...

Love the action on these photos!

Becky said...

Those actions look really cool with this. I love photos of objects like this; I always see details I wouldn't notice just looking at the thing. You must have steady hands!

Jennifer said...

They are all so pretty!! Love the action you used!!

summerbl4ck said...

first one is great. so moody

Anonymous said...

i think the last one is my favorite. the conversion just totally suites the image. love it!

Val said...

Fun shots. Love that toy camera action

Tera Fraley said...

How neat!! That is so pretty, love the old action!! Ive got to download that!!

Joanne Fowler said...

Cool shot! The conversion is awesome!

Tori said...

Very nice! I really like the vertical crop on this one.