Monday, January 28, 2008

The Eyes

I clicked a few quick shots before we ran out the door for gymnastics this afternoon. I am trying to convince the boys to let me take their picture too, so far no luck. :(
I think I may have a little leverage now though, they want me to take them to the skate park this weekend.... bwahahahahaha..........mean Mum that I am they are going to have to pose for skate access!
Thankfully Lilia is still a pretty willing model, she actually jumps at the chance to do photos with me. She is really interested in photography in general though, she will ask me how I got that cool blurred background and critique my photos and she will spend an hour or more poring over the latest photog magazine............... it might be time to get her a camera.

I am working on getting my exposure up to snuff(so far no consistency). I had to brighten this up a bit as it was pretty underexposed but for the first photo that is all I did.
The second photo I used Brenda's vintage action, added a very light texture layer and light border as well.
Because of the crappy light available late in the afternoon and me not wanting a noisy photo(so low ISO) I had to use a REALLY low shutter speed but I got some pretty good focus anyway

Olympus E500
14-45 f/3.5-5.6
focal length 45mm
ISO 200
SS 1/25
f/5.6
CC always welcome.
Photobucket

Photobucket

20 comments:

Kristi said...

Look at those freckles!! Absolutely adorable!! And how cool that your DD has such a passion for photography!! That's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome!!! Love the freckles!!!
Cari

Margaret said...

What a fun shot! I love the freckles. I think it's great your daughter is interested in photography, too!

~JustJulie~ said...

Focus looks great to me. Love how sharp the eyelashes look.

Stacey said...

These are great! I agree, I love the freckles!

Michelle said...

wow! you must have some steady hands to get those lashes that sharp at that speed! great job. and those freckles are adorable.

Donnah Ciempka said...

I love those freckles! your child's skin is so precious. Lovely images.

Becky said...

Ooh, great angle! Great capture of those gorgeous freckles.

HeyLady said...

I like the 2nd one the best. Great angle.

laulley

Chell said...

Love the second picture.

pakosta said...

just LOVE the freckles!
and the eyelashes!
tara

Mom2Drew said...

I'm in love with those freckles and love the close up here.

Kari said...

great perspective. Love how sharp you got his lashes.

Mandy said...

Very cool. Technically you could say you are on theme since you are looking down at her from a "vertical" position, right? Its a stretch, but I thought I would help.

I just love her freckles.

Unknown said...

Great dof and those freckles are just too stinkin cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh so sweet I love how her freckles look

April said...

great shot..i love the freckles.

Tera Fraley said...

Such pretty lashes!! And I love those freckles!!

Tera Fraley said...

Such pretty lashes!! And I love those freckles!!

Val said...

The second one is so cool!