Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Umbrella

Finally a whole morning with nothing to do and a willing child. Yay for weekends!!!!
I had to go try out my score from Goodwill from earlier in the week, who can resist a polka dotted umbrella?
Lilia and I froze our tushies off in the wind and cold but it was all worth it because I got some great practice and some super cute shots.
CC Always welcome.
lens 14-45 f/3.5-5.6
45mm, f/5.6, SS 1/60, ISO 200
I thought this one looked cute with a vintage feel and of course a nice black frame because I am addicted to them. I also added the 'snow' because I wanted it to look like we had a reason to be outside with an umbrella. LOL
Photobucket


Please ignore the car.... it's my husbands work vehicle otherwise known as, the clunker. :)
Oversaturated the crud out this one but I liked the way it looked.
Photobucket

DH, the super sweet guy that he is, cloned out the car. :D
I just don't have the patience for that kind of PSing.
Photobucket

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that umbrella! Great shots. I love the colors!
Cari

Chell said...

These are great. Love the umbrella. I need to hit the goodwill and see if I can find some fun props.

Mom2Drew said...

That is a terrific find! I'm motivated to thrift tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Okay, im super jealous. I love thrift shops, but wouldnt be lucky enough to find a polka dot umbrella! LUCKY!

Jess said...

What a great umbrella! I am SO going to the Goodwill tomorrow! ;)

Ginnie said...

How fun! I really like that first shot!

Danielle said...

These are great. I love the umbrella shots and can't wait to take some of my own. Very cute. I think the first one would look really good with a vintage look to it.

Michelle said...

love that second shot. very cool.

Kimberly said...

Great umbrella! I love that first shot!!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Love that umbrella and those shots! The first one is perfect.

Angela2932 said...

I really like the 2nd one best! What great colors, and love the contrast with the white socks, the movement of the person walking away from the camera into the photo. Very interesting shot.

Margaret said...

That's a great unbrella! I love your shots. Very colorful.

April said...

those are awesome..my only suggestion is to clone out the car in the second one. those look great!! i love that umbrella!

Anonymous said...

love the umbrella shots, especially the first one. i just wish i could see more of her face.

C said...

LOVE the first shot! :)

Mandy said...

I love the second one. So beautiful. I love any photo with umprellas and the polka dots really make this fun too.

You cold clone out the car :)

mamawest777 said...

I have that umbrella!!! WALMART!!! Excellent job!! Love, love, love the first one!

Val said...

Love this!

Jen said...

NICE! I love that second one... just wish the car wasn't there!

Becky said...

Awesome, Liz! Love them! I bet you could clone out the car. My mom's a big Goodwill shopper too.

Shawna said...

SO CUTE! Love that umbrella!

Amy said...

I love that second shot, they're both beautiful though! My dd is right here and she said "is she using an umbrella in the snow?" We get TONS of snow and I'm not even sure if we own umbrellas! :)

Melissa said...

I love the one of her walking up the road, very cute!