Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Middle Child






I had to fight to get these pictures, you would have thought I asked the kid to eat broccoli the way he moaned and complained. I was given exactly 5 minutes and not a second more! LOL
To get a little better lighting on his face I wrapped a cookie sheet in tin foil and had The Girl use it as a reflector for me. Since I don't have a real reflector I figured this was better than nothing. :D
It was really dark and dreary out so I needed to boost my ISO way up which means I did have to run these through noiseware and did a bit of PSing as well.
Obviously I did a BW conversion on a couple, the two normal colored versions all I did was noiseware and the brighter color version I did a little color boost with hue/saturation and color balance.
Olympus E500
14-45 f3.5-5.6
all taken with the same settings
17mm
f/3.6
SS 1/100
ISO 1000
CC me baby! :)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the perspective on these!!!
Cari

Michelle said...

i really like the perspective here.

Mom2Drew said...

I LUV the angle! The conversion on the last one is my favorite, seems to fit the funkiness.

me said...

the perspective is fantastic!

Danielle said...

I like the focus on these. Great pictures.

emilyc said...

Great idea for a reflector. The perspective is very cool. I love the richness of the last one, as well. The others just don't pop quite as much.

Angela2932 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela2932 said...

Just a preference on my part. . . I love the angles, and DOF, but would have kept the focus on your son's face rather than the musical instrument. It's cool the way the bridge(?) of the music thingy leads you to his face.

Kristen said...

I too love the perspective, the 3rd is my favorite, I like his expression! I would have never thought to use that as a reflector, genious I tell you...great job!

Unknown said...

fun perspective...I love them in black and white I think...very fun

Mandy said...

Very different! I love the angle.

Jodi said...

love the dof and perspective

Tomboymama said...

Those are so cool. My fav is the first one.

Tera Fraley said...

I love the angle you took these from!! Great job, very cool!!

Becky said...

Liz, I love the way the neck of the guitar pops out at us, looks very 3-D. Cool angle.
And thank you so much for the comment you left on my post yesterday. You gave me warm fuzzies and made my day!

Kristi said...

That is such a cool perspective with the guitar! I really like it!!

Anonymous said...

I like the b/ws.

Val said...

These are fun!

--sme said...

Love the DOF...and he and his friends will think they're cool--they look like rock star shots!

Tori said...

cool perspective!

Jess said...

I love those angles! What is it with these middle child boys and their guitars, lol!

Your conversions are very nice too, great job!