Monday, January 14, 2008

The Number ONE!!

Ok so this post is more proud Mummy than it is photographer. The photos are crappola due to the location of the shots and the absence of the right lens but they are some of my favorites for the time being.
My DD(9) is a competitive gymnast, level 4. She had her first meet of the season yesterday and walked away with 1 third place on beam(8.8), 1 second place on bars (9.2) and 3 first place ribbons on vault(9.5), floor (8.7) and ALL AROUND (36.1). This was all against 3 other teams, one of which is considered the best team in the state, also against 20 some odd other girls in her level and age group. She has worked her little tushy off for this and I couldn't be prouder of her, nor could she be any happier, unless of course she takes the title at Regionals. :D
I did stay on theme with the first photo and PSed out her coach because well see for yourself.
It is not the best job in the world you can definitely see what I have done but if you weren't looking hard I don't think you would really notice.
Olympus E500
45-150 3.5-4.5
All photos taken on ISO 1600 and shutter speed of 1/50-1/60.

The unedited version
Photobucket

Sans coach
Photobucket

And then just some fun shots of her on beam, bars, floor and just being a goof.

You run like girl.

You jump like a girl.

You swing like a girl

You fly four feet over a bar ten feet off the ground

Like a girl


Photobucket

Walkover with super straight legs
Photobucket

Jumping for her mount on bars
Photobucket

Goofball, I swear I think I have the exact picture from every meet she has ever been in.
Photobucket

So sorry for such a long, picture heavy post but I had to share. :)

26 comments:

Mandy said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats!. You did a great job on the PSing too! You can't even tell she was there.

Toni said...

She looks so serious... and concentrating so well. Thats great you got those shots on 1600 iso. Mine would not have turned out that great! Toni

Val said...

Awwhat a cutie! Love the like a girl poem.

pakosta said...

whwat fun shots!
that's so COOL that you took those for her to see later!
good editing!
tara

Anonymous said...

Great photos...she looks like she loves it!
Cari

Melissa said...

YEAH!! Congratulations! You should be proud!

Kristi said...

These pictures are fantastic!!! FABULOUS job capturing the moment and PPing out her coach!! I'm impressed!!

Sharon said...

Congratulations!
And nice job deleted the coach,

lcp said...

Congrats to you and your dd! Great job with ps on the coach - I can't tell he was ever there!

Sara said...

Congratulations!!! What a great post, you have every right to be proud- as does she!!!

Tera Fraley said...

Great action shots, I bet she loves these!!

For Over 29 Years... said...

/That's so awesome for her! What an accomplishment. Your PSing looks great!

April said...

so cute..you did a great job getting rid of the coach. looks really good.

Debbi said...

As a mother of gymnasts, I know how exciting it is to get those ribbons. I also know how hard gymnastics pictures are to shoot! you did a great job taking out the coach - it seems gym shot always have lots of extra people in the background!

Kristen said...

I am thrilled for you and her! These shots show such emotion, I love the last one imparticular, she looks so gleefull!

Tomboymama said...

Congratulations, you have every right to be proud! Your editing is great!

Tori said...

Those are great! And what a great job on the PSing!

cherie said...

she looks like she is having fun!!!! nice job

Patti said...

congratulations to your daughter. really special pictures

Becky said...

Congrats to your DD, Liz! That is so exciting. And she is simply adorable! Good job editing out the coach. That looks like it was difficult. I really like the shot with her feet above the balance beam.

Jodi said...

wow! Sports photography is so hard - they don't set it up pretty for the photographer in mind! You did great with these. And I'm so impressed by her!

April Michelle said...

nice shots - good job

Ljsmom33 said...

Wow great job on the disappearing coach! I wish her lots of future luck!

Danielle said...

WOW those really are some awesome accomplishments. Conratulations.

Ashley Hiskes said...

Wow! I am super impressed!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I shot some of my sons meet this weekend uhhh I hate gym lights