Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Vacation






The kids have been out of school all week for February vacation and these kids take the whole vacation thing seriously.
Apparently my 13 yo figures vacation means he gets a vacation from any and all responsibilities, including showering, which I had to force him to do today, after FIVE days of no shower. ICK!

The eleven and nine year olds think that since we don't have anywhere special to go pajamas all day long are entirely appropriate and really are the only vacation attire needed. I mean it is vacation people! I looked out the kitchen window yesterday morning and what do I see? Gavin and Lilia playing in the driveway in their pjs...... I'm glad our neighbors are never home.

Mostly their days have gone something like this: get up, eat some breakfast, go outside and slide around on the ice, watch some TV, drink cocoa, eat lunch, watch more TV, play playstation, go outside again, eat some more, bug the living daylights out of each other, make Mummy yell and then laugh hysterically about it while watching that vein on her forehead explode, play on computer until the download threshold is met(don't even get me started on the SUCK that is hughes net), go to bed, dream about doing it all over again the next day. My kids are simple creatures.

18 comments:

Kristi said...

They look like they're having an absolute BLAST!!! Oh to be young again! Shoot...what's stopping me now?! Well...except the not having any ice and snow to play in part! ;) These pics makes me want to be a part of your family!!

Anonymous said...

These are so full of fun! Love them!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like when we have no school..love these!
Cari

Mom2Drew said...

Oh, I wish I was on that board! I LOVE playing in the snow, LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!

Amy said...

Looks like they're thoroughly enjoying their vacation! That first shot of his face through the chunk of ice is so cute!

Bobbi said...

You get February vacation from school-lucky! They look like they are having so much fun, great shots.

pat said...

Ha Ha! Love these--they look like they are having a BLAST!

pakosta said...

sounds like a fun vacatioN!!! glad you got these shots of them!
tara

Becky said...

That first one freaked me out a little until I realized it was ice.

Sounds a lot like our week, Liz! Except my kids shower to excess (I have OUTRAGEOUS utility bills), but I try not to get too mad about it because at least they're clean. And I am a pajama queen myself, so I can't judge your kids. In fact my favorite kind of day is to hang out in my jammies, then shower and put on clean jammies! I never go out in public in them though.

Travis said...

Nice job with the snow shots, its hard to get good exposure in the snow.

Travis

Debbi said...

Looks like a fun time! Great captures of those memories!

Ginnie said...

What? you mean you're supposed to shower on vacation?! ;)

jewels said...

These are all so fun... I couldn't help notice how incredible that dog photo! The lighting is subtle, and you amazingly captured the mood and moment! Good work!

cheers,
jewels

Unknown said...

I have never heard of February vacation? Sounds fun to me... Great shots of them. hugs, Toni

Tera Fraley said...

LOL!! Great shots, looks like FUN!! Bet they enjoyed it!

April said...

k..that first picture freaked me out until i stared at it for a bit and figured out that it is ice!! those are some great shots. looks like they're having fun.

amazing grace said...

i'm all about pj's as well---how fun! looks like they have had a blast!

Anonymous said...

i wish i could have days like that! :) looks like fun! ah, to be a kid again!