Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Location

We loaded everyone up in the van and headed to the lighthouse for some photos. We live about 8 miles from one of the most famous lighthouses in Maine and I knew there were some great spots for photos. Funny thing is that of all the photos my favorites don't have the lighthouse or the ocean in the background, at least not that you can really see. I like them anyway. :)
Can you believe I was there and didn't actually take any photos of the lighthouse and only one or two of the coast.... I'm so spoiled I see it so often that I don't even see the need for photos. I might have to go back and get some shots. ;)

Gavin
45mm, f/5.6, ISO 200, SS 1/2500
Photobucket

Lilia
45mm, f/5.6, ISO 200, SS 1/2000
Photobucket

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these! The perspective on the last one is wonderful!
Cari

Mom2Drew said...

That reminds me when I lived in San Antonio. I saw the Alamo 2 times during the entire 8years I lived there. I just took it for granted back then. Nice perspective on #2 especially and for what it's worth...I soooo wish I could see that lighthouse. maybe you'll have to go back to get a shot just for me.

Becky said...

Which one, Liz? Owl's Head? Pemaquid? Or post a photo of the lighthouse and I'll try to figure it out. These shots are pretty, they definitely have a beach-in-winter look even if you can't see the beach!

Chell said...

Love these. That second one is wonderful.

Val said...

Love the second photo!

Anonymous said...

I love the second one...Lilia is growing up so fast!

Jodi said...

that last one is pretty cool. I like how it's all white except for her.

Jess said...

OH, these are wonderful! I love the 2nd one and how the fence leads you into the photo. I hope you do go back and take some lighthouse shots, I'd love to see them!

HeyLady said...

That shot by the fence is so good! Thanks for posting your shooting info too -

Tera Fraley said...

How neat, sounds fun! Great colors, I really like the composition of the last one!

pakosta said...

just love both of these!
you have to go back and take some of the lighthouse! now i want to see iT!
tara

Margaret said...

Love your shots! Cool angle on that second one. And ....well....I lived in Arizona for nine years and have never been to the Grand Canyon. How embarrassing is that??

Amy said...

I love both of your shots, but I really like how the fence leads to your dd in the last one! Which lighthouse? We visited Nubble Lighthouse this past October, it was beautiful!

Unknown said...

That last picture is super cool! Very good composition. tfs. TOni

Anonymous said...

I love this first one. Sounds like a great location!

Shawna said...

These are both great, I really like the composition of the second one!

Ginnie said...

I really like that last shot! So cool!