Monday, March 10, 2008

The Updates

The first update is photos of the lighthouse. Paul(hubby) and I headed out to the point today so that I could get some photos of the lighthouse and the surrounding area to post here because I promised I would. It was a gorgeous day but a bit windy and cold. The sky was just amazing though, the color blue was so deep and just breathtaking.
The third shot is of the next point over.. our favorite place to go in the summer. Tons of tidepools, lots of rock scrambling, a little "beach" that we love to search for beach glass and cool rocks and of course some beautiful surf watching! The fourth shot down is the little red building from my photo shoot a few weeks ago. This is the other side from where Lilia was perched on the window ledge.









I knew I had to update you all on the little gymnast, well maybe not HAD to but thought you all might like to hear how she did this weekend. She took first place All Around with a 35.85(.65 points higher than the second place), her second highest all around score this season. She placed first on bars(9.3), second on vault(9.15), fifth on beam (8.5) and second on floor (8.9). She fell on beam on her dismount, which she NEVER misses, had she not fallen she would have had a 9.0 and taken first on beam as well. :( Oh well it definitely gave her something to work on at workout tonight. :) Of course I had to include a photo of her on the podium for AA and one of her cheesing it up for the judge after her totally kick ass bar routine(look at her coach back there... totally beaming).




And finally a few days ago I got another shot of the ever elusive Grady AKA Gradoli. Hiding his eyes as usual but a pretty good close up of his face nonetheless. He was peeking at me through an upside down stool. :)
See that crooked nose? It used to be so straight, just like his Dad's but he got hit in the face with a golf club this past fall and we had to say byebye to perfect straight nose and Hello to nose with character.

26 comments:

Kristi said...

The lighthouse and coast pics are just too gorgeous! Makes me want to come visit!!! Too funny about you DS's nose...that is SO something I see happening to Yums! ;)

amazing grace said...

that first shot is stunning! love the perspective.....leads your eye right up the path...

Sarah Phipps said...

Those lighthouse pictures look like they came right out of a magazine. great work.

Anonymous said...

Those light house photos!!! I hear you about the time change...it stinks!
cari

pat said...

Oh, I LOVE LOVE the lighthouse shots! I feel like packing my bags!

For Over 29 Years... said...

wow, those are amzing! Excellent shots, Congrats on first place!!!!

Danielle said...

Man I love that 2nd picture of the lighthouse, just beautiful.

cristina said...

those landscape pics are great! the blue is indeed so rich...though it looks kind of cold...
congrats on your little gymnast...i'm sure all the hard work pays off at the end...tfs!

Mom2Drew said...

First, a BIG congrats-that's huge! That sky is soooo blue I'd think you were in Colorado! Amazing.

Angela2932 said...

I love the photo of the Ever Elusive! Really cool lighthouse photos!

Margaret said...

Fabulous lighthouse and coast shots. And congrats to your little gymnast! That is so exciting!!

Krystle said...

Oh how jealous am I?.... REALLY jealous! Just love your lighthouse shots *sigh*. Congrats to your DD, and great job catching at least most of your DS :D

Anonymous said...

Love the lighthouse photos, and great job!

Val said...

LOVE the lighthouse shots

Jason said...

Those lighthouse picture are awesome, great colors and perspective...

Becky said...

Gorgeous, Liz. Love the lines of the rocks leading up to the lighthouse in the first one. I bet it was cold--the wind has been bitter the last couple of days! And congrats to Lilia!

Reds said...

Gorgeous photos!! Love the coast pics!!! And that sky - WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Oooo...I just love the color in your lighthouse shots! So stunning.

Lilia is so incredible and I loved the shot where you could see her coach in the background just elated with her success. I think that is so unique to see.

Bobbi said...

The sky in those lighthouse pictures is amazing! Congrat to your little gymnist too. I love the hair in your sons pictures btw, portrays a teenage attitude.

mamawest777 said...

Gorgeous!! You did fantastic!

pakosta said...

wow, that area of the lighthouse is gorgeous!!!!!
i want to take kids there for photos on those rocks!

tell your daughter congrats! how talented she is! you should put some video on here of her routines so we can see! how FUN!
well your ds is still cute as ever with a crooked full of character nose! tell him we want to see the whole face though!tara

Jess said...

Oh, HUGE congrats to you daughter! She did AWESOME! WOOHOO!

The lighthouse is absolutely stunning. WOW.

And lol about your ds- I have one like that, his nose doesn't have "character" yet, but it's coming they way he plays! ;)

Amy said...

Love those lighthouse shots, that first one is just beautiful! I always enjoy seeing the gymnastics photos, they're so fun and the one of your ds is too funny!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful the light house shots are. She looks so happy up on the podium. We always have a 2/3 hour drive to meets. Were in the middle of nowhere.

Angela C. said...

Love the lighthouses!! I have never been and am determined to go sometime. You have just increased my determination!

Tera Fraley said...

Gorgeous photos!! Love the colors and the lighthouse is perfect!!