Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Tree

It's a common phrase in our house "Mum we're going down to the tree".
Our entire property is probably 80% trees but the kids have this one massive Hemlock tree that they love to climb and play in. The area around the tree is perfect for creating fairy houses and clubhouses, you can climb to the tippy top and see for, what I would guess is, miles, having never done it myself :). It is the epitome of the perfect childhood tree, magical and wonderous if only I could capture half of that magic.

I will have to go back when I can get some shots of all the kids in it so that you all can really see the scale and the whole tree.
I played with some color tonight, trying a greener version, a bluer version and a redder, color popped version. :)

She is at ground level from this side of the tree but on the other side you can see that it is probably 5 or 6 feet up. This is because there is a ledge that abuts the tree on one side that allows the kids to walk right up and into the tree so she is standing on the ground and on tree branches all at the same time.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the perspectives on these! Great shots!
Cari

Unknown said...

That is so funny , and what great memories to photograph~!

For Over 29 Years... said...

What a cool tree! I'd love to see the whole thing.

Debbi said...

Great captures and good job with the colors!

Becky said...

Do all three kids still go down to the tree? I don't think my DS would climb a tree anymore unless there was a hot girl at the top.

These are such happy photos; I love the way the shadows are on her in the third shot.

Tracie said...

Looks like they are having so much fun! These are all great.

Anonymous said...

How fun! The first one is my favorite!

Jason said...

great shots! Trees are so fun for kids...

Val said...

How fun!

Reds said...

Fun photos! Love the ones where she is looking up!!

pat said...

Great viewpoints for this. Love the story behind the photos.

pakosta said...

how FUN! sounds ALOT like how i grew up, climbing trees, making tree houses, outside all day LONG! trees everywhere you look! a lovely way to grow up!
tara

Jess said...

OH, the joy of a good climbing tree! I remember having an awesome tree in the woods my sisters and I loved to climb into and have picnics. I miss that!

Sharon said...

Great shots, nice perspective.

Anonymous said...

I love your angles...great!

And I really love her gloves! Woo hoo.

Angela C. said...

Every child needs a good tree that they can climb and make their own. These pictures look like so much fun!

Bobbi said...

That first shot is great! I wish we had a tree in our yard cause they are so fun.

holly k said...

oh that looks like so much fun!!! great shots!

Jessica said...

So fun! Make sure you save all of these photos, your kids will remember that tree forever. Great shots!

Tera Fraley said...

how neat!! Looks like fun!