Monday, July 7, 2008

Teh Kids

At least the ones that are home. Grady is still off on his adventure, although we did receive a postcard today from one of his counselors(is that right sp?). Apparently they recently had to do a 1.6 mile portage through shin high mud.... so glad I wasn't there for that. LOL He is fitting in well and having a fabu time according to the counselor. YAY!
I took these photos Friday night while we waited for the fireworks to begin. We get there a few hours early so we get a primo parking spot. This means lots of time for me to play with the camera. :D
LOVE Amanda's action on the shot of Gavin, I did some adjusting to her process but still her action. I might get that one printed up as a canvas.
Lilia blows me away every time I take photos of her, that girl knows how to work the camera.




Thank you to everyone who offered their sympathies on my Grammy's illness. She passed on Saturday, her children all were there for her. I am sorry she had to leave but happy that she was not left here to suffer through months of unnecessary pain.

12 comments:

Margaret said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE both of your shots today. I do think you should get that first one as a canvas. And you're right...your girl does know how to work the camera.

Sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope you will find comfort in the many wonderful memories you have of her.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your grandma...I didn't even know until Paul told me last week.

I think the second one is actually my fav here..Lilia just has the most amazing eyes.

Jason said...

Great shots! I really like the conversions on them!

Mom2Drew said...

Your PP on these really enhance the photos! I love the feel.

Reds said...

So sorry about your grandma.

Wow - those two shots are great! Love the PP in the first and your daughter - wow!!

Debbi said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. These photos are beautiful. Love the composition in the first one!

Jess said...

I am so very sorry to hear about your grandma. That first shot takes on a new feeling to me after reading that. Kind of somber and reflective. Your dd is stunning, she really DOES know how to work it! Awesome photos!

BizEMommaK said...

Both shots are awesome! Great job!

SO sorry to hear about Gramma:(

Shawna (shawkrem)

Lori said...

Great composition on these, love the PP on the first one.

Amy said...

Both shots are amazing! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma, but am glad you were able to spend some quality time with her. ((( )))

April said...

oh those are darling..i love these!

Anonymous said...

I am truly sorry to hear that your gramma passed....but am glad all her children were there for her....hugs coming your way.
and ALL 3 of your children are VERY photogeic! even the oldest who doesn't like his photo taken>>>i think they could all be models, but esp. Lilia, cause you can tell she LOVES IT. and knows just what to do. my younger one is like that more and more every time i pull the camera out!!
tara