Monday, July 14, 2008

Name and Logo?

I have recently booked a couple of clients and now I feel like I need to nail down a name and a logo for myself(cart, horse, completely wrong order). I have TONS of ideas for logos but most would cost me lots of dollars to get done right. For now I am trying to find something that I can love as a logo until I make some money and can get it done right.

Also I am trying to pin down a name. I think my name sounds boring so I wanted something different. I came up with a few but my favorites are Windy Hill Photography, because we live at the top of a very windy hill, Hilltop photography because my Grampy had a store while I was growing up called Hilltop Market or Blackberry Lane Photography because our very windy hill is COVERED in blackberries.

So my kind blogger friends I would love your opinions on any and all logo and name related stuff.... oh and you can comment on my photo too. :P

Without further ado.. my amateur logos!

Photobucket

Photobucket

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE both logos and I LOVE that second photo...you really rocked that!
Cari

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

I love both logos for different reasons! I would go with whatever one is most "you". I need a logo too! Want to help me design one ;)!

Anonymous said...

I like both logos...but I think that the second one is more clear to read. I LOVE the name though...it really fits, and its unique.

Jess said...

These are both just great! (the photos AND the logos!) I think I like the 2nd one best, the petals seem to be blowing in the wind and it really adds to the name (IMO). :)

pat said...

Love the Windy Hill name! The second logo fits it perfectly. Great shots, too! Your lighting is wonderful.

emilyc said...

Love both photos and both logos. That said, I like all of the second option more than the first. I like the clean logo, but like someone else said, you should chose the one that is most YOU! Great job on both though.

Becky said...

Congrats on going pro, Liz! I love both logos--the first one maybe a bit more. I really like the name Windy Hill--more so than Hilltop because Hilltop makes me think of the dorm complex I lived in at Orono. I really like Blackberry Lane, too, though. Helpful, huh? The only thing about Windy Hill is does it sound like your name might be Wendy Hill? KWIM?

Mom2Drew said...

Looks great, but HOW did you get that first shot to look just like a rainbow?

Michelle said...

love the photos. i really like the easy read-ability of the second logo.

Tori said...

I really like the first one.... and I love that first picture, too!

Alison Douglass Photography said...

Liking Windy Hill and the second logo Liz- great shots too!

Suzy said...

Beautiful!

Shannon said...

I like Windy Hill. I also really like the first logo.

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

Both logos are awesome, my favorite though is the second one! Beautiful shots, the lighting is pretty amazing!!! :)

Vanessa said...

Wow so great! Both logos are awesome.

Nathalie said...

Congrats!
And my favorite is the first one! Both are quite elegant, any one would do justice to your talent.

Amy B. said...

Love the first. Both are beautiful though.

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

I like the name Windy Hill and I like the second logo best, though they are both great. The first photo is my fav but they are both wonderful.