Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Down to the Swimmin' Hole

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson



My kids have every advantage that life today has to offer while at the same time they have idyllic places like this to live their childhood and make memories. This is our local swimming hole, that is if you discount the Atlantic. We spend almost every summer afternoon swimming here, jumping off the bridge and seeing who can do the coolest tricks off the dam. Perfect summer days as far as I am concerned.



I have to add a big thank you to Amanda(ndjane) for sharing her awesome action that I used to process these. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are great...I especially like the first one...what a fun summer!
Cari

For Over 29 Years... said...

wow that looks beautiful! I love the perspecitve of the second shot.

amazing grace said...

beautiful pics of summer!!!! love your banner too! :)
leah

Sara said...

Wow, yup, you said it- perfect summer dayz.

Mom2Drew said...

The POV on that second shot is way cool!

jewels said...

That 2nd photo is perfect! I love the way you chose to frame and shoot it!
Cheers,
jewels

Anonymous said...

That is what I love about summer too. Really awesome.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

What an awesome place to have to swim. Nice shots.

Jess said...

What a PERFECT swimmin' hole! We always swam in grandpa's pond when I was young- I have great memories of my summers spent in the water. You kids are lucky to have such a gorgeous place to keep cool! :)

Suzy said...

These have such a wonderful "summer" feel to them! That 2nd one is my fav but both of them are just awesome!

Margaret said...

What an awesome place to be able to spend your summer days! I love that first picture. Wow! Can I come visit?