Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Girl

Photobucket

I need to find some more kids to photograph. I have a couple of families set up for shoots later on in the Spring but right now it is just me and Lilia. Gavin is a no go and Grady hides in his room every time I even walk by my camera.
Soon Gavin will be playing Bball, that will give me something different to shoot. Until then I am afraid you are all mostly stuck with Lil. :D

Photobucket

On another note, my Grammy came to see me this weekend and bring me a birthday present. Usually I get a check for a little fun money but this year she had a package. When I opened it up I found a rather large jewelry box that held a strand of graduated pearls. My Grandfather, who passed 8 years ago, had given them to her 50 years ago. They still have the little slip of paper that is a Certificate of Guarantee. She had them restrung and had a new clasp added so that I could wear them with confidence, although I am not sure I will wear them often because of the value and I would feel awful if anything happened to them. Oh and that velvet box in that totally awesome greeney blue color... vintage. I think I am in love with the box as much as the pearls. LOL

19 comments:

Jason said...

I really like that first one! Great shots!

Anonymous said...

I hear you on needing different people to shoot...I feel bad that I always have photos of my dd all the time...I also wanted to say great photos and what awesome gift!
Cari

Chell said...

At least you have a pretty subject till you find soem variety.

Anonymous said...

she is a cute model. OMG I love the pearls how special.

Angela2932 said...

Great pose in the first photo, and wonderful, creamy, colors. I like the composition of the pearls photo very much. It's really nice that you photographed this in hands, rather than just the pearls alone. Very nice.

Margaret said...

Love the shot of your daughter. I never tire of seeing shots of her. She's beautiful! And those pearls....Wow! What a treasure. Love that shot of them. The box is awesome, too!

Tracie said...

The shots of your daughter are beautiful and the pearls are just an amazing gift from your Grammy.

Yvonne said...

Love the first shot! So cute!

Amy said...

Lilia is beautiful, I could never tire of seeing your shots of her. What a sweet gift from your grandmother, I'm sure you'll treasure those forever!

Debbi said...

The first one is beautiful. I hear you on needing other people to photograph. I'd love to start portfolio building, but it would be nice to get outdoors!

Jess said...

Lil is stunning, I never get tired of seeing photos of her! And what an amazing gift from your grandma... so sweet and touching and full of meaning! Did you cry? I would have cried. :)

Kari said...

She's a beautiful model! Love that first shot.

Michelle said...

love the first shot. and how awesome that your grandma had that done for you! so sweet. and what a heritage.

Kristina said...

Such a sweet first photo!

Becky said...

Wow, every day I am even more impressed with your photos of Lilia! She seems to be the perfect muse for you--she really looks comfortable posing for you. And what a great treasure from your grandmother. Love the pearls in the hands.

Anonymous said...

I love the first one...awesome.

Bobbi said...

These are so pretty, really soft and perfect for the girliness.

pakosta said...

i could never tire of looking at lilia> she's gorgeous and you can tell she likes to be photographed. and how lovely is that necklace?! and the box, awesome!!!!
tara

mel said...

gorgeous gorgeous photos! she looks just perfect in that first one! I hear you on needing new subjects... I borrow my friends kids whenever they will let me!